From June 12th to August 18th (excluding July 3rd to 5th), children and teens can enjoy free breakfast and lunch at various locations across the city. The meal hours are as follows: breakfast from 7:30 am to 8:30 am and lunch from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm. It’s important to note that meals must be consumed on-site, and pick-ups are not permitted.
The following sites will be serving meals during the program:
- Eagle Lake Elementary (Door 2)
- East High School (Door 1 or 20)
- Franklin Elementary (Door 6)
- Hoover Elementary (Door 2)
- Kennedy Elementary (Door 3)
- Monroe Elementary (Door 3) – Open from June 12th to July 21st (Closed July 3rd-7th)
- Prairie Winds Middle School (Door 1) – Open from June 12th to August 11th (Closed July 3rd-7th)
- Rosa Parks Elementary (Door 3) – Breakfast from 7:30 am to 8:30 am, Lunch from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Washington Elementary (Door 3)
- West High School (Door 1)
The Free Summer Meals Program is sponsored by Mankato Area Public Schools’ Nutrition Service.
For further information, please contact the Nutrition Service at 507-388-7442.
“We are excited to offer free summer meals to children and teenagers in our community,” said Darcy Stueber, Director of Nutrition Services at Mankato Area Public Schools. “We understand the importance of providing nutritious meals during the summer break, and this program ensures that every child has access to healthy food throughout the summer months.”
The Free Summer Meals Program at Mankato Area Public Schools is an equal opportunity provider. This initiative aligns with the organization’s commitment to promoting the well-being and success of all students, regardless of their circumstances. For more information about the program and to view the complete list of meal locations and schedules, please visit https://www.isd77.org/