Governor Walz authorizes disaster assistance funds to southern Minnesota counties
(St. Paul, MN) – On October 9th, Governor Tim Walz authorized the use of Disaster Assistance Contingency funds to help southern Minnesota recover from severe summer storm damage.
Blue Earth, Cottonwood, Le Sueur, Freeborn, and other Minnesota counties suffered damage from strong winds and flooding during storms in mid-July. A damage assessment by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety’s Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management showed the use of funds was warranted.
The state will cover 75% of the eligible costs, while local governments cover the remaining 25%.
Click here to LIKE Southern Minnesota News on Facebook.
Click here to FOLLOW @SouthernMNnews on Twitter.
(Copyright © the Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)