Be Careful…DNR Warns Of Toxic Blue Green Algae In Area.

(Fairmont, MN) –  The DNR is warning that with the recent spate of warm weather in southern Minnesota, folks need to be on the lookout for blue-green algae.

A conservation officer based in Fairmont says blue-green algae has been seen on some area lakes and water recreationalists are reminded to keep themselves and their pets clear of the algae.

Blue-green algal blooms produce cyanotoxins that can make humans and animals sick – if you swallow, have skin contact with, or breathe in airborne water droplets.

If you become sick, symptoms can include vomiting, diarrhea, rash, eye irritation, cough, sore throat, and headache. Symptoms generally begin hours to 2 days after exposure.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

St. Peter Woman Charged With Felony Burglary For Allegedly Stealing Neighbor’s Meds High Water Forces Solstice Festival To Relocate St. Peter Landlord Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Tenants River Flood Warning Now In Effect For Minnesota River At Mankato Support outweighs negative comments for small Duluth diner that hosted Fox & Friends Morning Show Highway 93 Closures Will Bring Delays, Lane Closures
Comments